On a whim, I took a cupcake decorating class, and was hooked!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Cupcakes from scratch

I'm making my first batch of cupcakes from a recipe today!  They're low-fat carrot cake cupcakes from Crazy About Cupcakes by Krystina Castella.  And I'm going to make a double-batch of non-low-fat cream cheese icing to top them off.  The recipe looks very simple, I've just bought the ingredients I didn't have on hand, and I'm getting ready to get started.  Stand by for a review and pictures.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. These are the worst cupcakes ever. I'll try feeding them to the dogs and see if they'll eat them. Too much baking powder, I think. Not sweet at all. Sticks to the cupcake liner. Horrible, horrible cupcakes. Boo!!!!!

    I guess I should not have tried low-fat cupcakes for my first one. I'm real disappointed, and am going to put this experience on the review page for this book on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete